Survivor 2 Writeups - League 1
Posted 8/26 Exclusive to Footballguys.com
1. There will be two twelve team leagues each consisting of 6 FBG Staff and 6 Message Board players.
2. Picks will alternate between staff and MB (ie pick 1 = staff, pick 2 = MB, pick 3 = staff, etc in one league and pick 1 = MB, pick 2 = staff, pick 3 = MB, etc in the other league ).
3. Both drafts will take place (using MyFantasyLeague Software) at the same time (to be determined later). The drafts will be serpentine and last 22 rounds.
4. There will be no trading of draft picks, no trading of players and no free agent pickups. The team you draft will be the team you have for the entire season.
5. Scores will be determined to the tenth of a point by adding up:
the highest scoring QB
the two highest scoring RBs
the three highest scoring WRs
the highest scoring TE
the highest flex (RB/WR/TE not used already)
the highest scoring kicker
and the highest scoring defense
each week per roster. Scores reset after each week.
6. Low scorers will be booted from the Island based on this criteria:
Week 1-4 - Lose 1 team per week, High score gets immunity (and is exempt from leaving) for the next week
Week 5/6 - Lose 1 team per two weeks (combined score of week 5 and 6)
Week 7/8 - Lose 1 team per two weeks (combined score of week 7 and 8)
Week 9/10 - Lose 1 team per two weeks (combined score of week 9 and 10)
Week 11/12 - Lose 1 team per two weeks (combined score of week 11 and 12)
Immunity will be for the first three weeks only (week 3 winner gets immunity for the 4th week). Week 4 high score does not get immunity.
7. After week 12, each league's remaining 4 teams will combine into the final 8. Scores will be reset and the winner will be determined by adding the totals scored for weeks 13 through 16.
8. To determine if FBG Staff or the Message Board wins, we will award the top 8 finishes the following point totals:
1st place = 20 points
2nd place = 15 points
3rd place = 12 points
4th place = 10 points
5th place = 8 points
6th place = 4 points
7th place = 2 points
8th place = 1 point
72 points are possible. The team that gets 37 points or more is crowned the 2004 Champion.
9. Prizes will be the following:
1st Place = $500
2nd Place = $200
3rd Place = $75
4th Place = $50
5th Place = $40
6th Place = $30
7th Place = $25
8th Place = $20
Bonus of $500 given to all 12 message board members ($30 each and an extra $140 to the top MB team) if they beat or tie the FBG staff in the overall competition.
10. Everyone will receive $25 for answering 5 team specific questions as well as a writeup discussing your particular strategy. No player writeups are required.
11. Player Scoring:
Passing TDs = 4 pts
Rushing/receiving TDs = 6 pts
interceptions = -1 points
1 pt per 20 yards passing
1 pt per 10 yards rushing or receiving
1 pt per reception for QBs, RBs, WRs and TEs
2 pts awarded for 2 point conversions (pass, rush, or receive)
Kicker Scoring (only can score on FG or EP)
3 pts per FG of 39 yards or less
4 pts per FG between 40 and 49 yards
5 pts per FG 50 yards or greater
1 pt per EP
12. Defense/Special Teams Scoring:
0 = 10 points
2-6 = 4 points
7-13 = 1 point
14+ = 0 points
Total Yards Allowed
0-199 = 10 points
200-249 = 4 points
250-299 = 1 point
300+ = 0 points
Sack = 1 point
INT/Fumble Recovery = 2 points
Safety = 2 points
Defense or ST TD = 6 points (Kickoff return, punt return, interception, fumble recovery, blocked punt/FG return)
13. We will use My Fantasy League Scoring to rule on disputes. Their scoring will be final the week the game is played. If the NFL changes statistics later, we will not change the outcomes of previously determined games.
14. If two teams should tie for low score, the tie will be broken by best player not used in calculating the maximum score per squad regardless of position. Scoring will be to tenths.
15. Should a dispute arise, Joe Bryant (who will not field a team) will act as the league commish. His decision is final.