On July 24th, 12 Footballguys.com drafted their Bestball rosters in an attempt to win $1,000 in cash. The lucky twelve earned their spot by competing in two rounds of challenges on the Footallguys Message Boards. Although this draft happened a month ago, we believe the insight to many of the players and draft strategy has relevence. This article is being posted for everyone to view.
1. Draft will be 22 rounds long.
2. No trades or waiver wire pickups will be in effect.
3. Best 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 flex (RB, WR or TE), 1 Def, and 1 PK will be scored each week.
4. Player scoring will be 1 point for every 20 yards passing, 1 point for every 10 yards rushing/receiving, 4 points per passing TD, 6 pts per rushing/receiving TD. Interceptions = -1, Receptions = +1 point. No points for 2 point conversions.
5. Kicker Scoring:
1 point for every Extra Point
3 points for every FG of 1 – 39 yards
4 points for every FG of 40 – 49 yards
5 points for every FG of 50+ yards
6. Defensive Scoring:
1 point for every sack
2 points for every team takeaway (interception or fumble recovery)
6 points for every TD (via interception return, fumble return, punt or kickoff return, blocked FG return, missed FG return, blocked punt return)
2 points for every safety
10 points for every shutout **
5 points for allowing between 2 - 5 points **
3 point for allowing between 6 – 10 points **
** Any and all points scored against a team are considered points scored against the special teams and defense. Thus, as an example, a turnover by the offense that is returned for a TD is considered as points scored against the special teams and defense.
7. Format will be best ball. Your score will be matched up against the 11 other owners. A combination of 11 wins/losses/ties will occur each week for each team. This league will run from week 1 to week 16. Best winning percentage wins the league.
8. Each team will receive $75 to submit their writeups. Each writeup will consist of player positives, player negatives and draft strategy.
9. Prizes. 1st Prize wins $1,000 cash + lifetime subscription + 3 page article in next year's FBG magazine.
10. We will use MyFantasyLeague Scoring to rule on disputes. Their scoring will be final the week the game is played. If the NFL changes statistics later, we will not change the outcomes of previously determined games.
11. All scores will be calculated to tenths. If two teams should tie, a tie will be recorded in the books.
12. Should a dispute arise, Joe Bryant (who will not field a team) will act as the league commish. His decision is final.