Take your shot at Playoff Glory!
Grab your teams in the Footballguys Playoff Challenge Round 2: Divisional Round. $35 Entry Fee with deep payouts and a $25,000 Grand Prize.
As the season progresses it is hard to find those diamonds in the rough or that guy that no one has heard of. This week we are going to examine the plethora of injuries across the league and who the most likely successor is to that starting job as well as highlight some prime matchups as well as surprising performers to this point. This article will also highlight a few long-term and speculative players that could see their value rise over the course of the season.
Last Week’s Picks:
- LB Jerome Baker (MIA vs TEN) 6 solos, 1 assist, 1 tackle for loss, 1 QB hit, 1 sack, 100% defensive snaps
- LB Jonas Griffith (DEN vs LAC) 5 solos, 7 assists, 1 tackle for loss, 100% defensive snaps
- LB Anthony Barr (MIN vs GB) 5 solos, 4 assists, 100% defensive snaps
- DE Arden Key (SF vs HOU) 1 solo, 1 tackle for loss, 4 QB hits, 1 sack, 37% defensive snaps
- DE Carlos Dunlap (SEA vs DET) 1 solo, 1 tackle for loss, 24% defensive snaps
- DE Marcus Davenport (NO vs CAR) 2 assists, 1 fumble recovery, 62% defensive snaps
- CB M.J. Stewart (CLE vs PIT) 4 solos, 2 assists, 2 passes defended, 99% defensive snaps
- S Jordan Whitehead (TB vs NYJ) 4 solos, 100% defensive snaps
- S Jeremy Reaves (WFT vs PHI) 2 solos, 1 pass defended, 56% defensive snaps
This Week’s Linebackers
LB Dre Greenlaw (SF vs LAR)
The 49ers currently have a 61% chance of making the playoffs and have a big matchup against the division rival Rams this week. Greenlaw has been injured and missed several weeks but he is slated to return this week. The Rams have leaned on running Sony Michel and there should be plenty of opportunities for tackles to go around. Greenlaw would be a much-needed boost to this defense as it pushed for the playoffs. Greenlaw had 7 total tackles in their final meeting in 2020 and that would be a safe floor for him if he is able to go this week.
LB Jonas Griffith (DEN vs KC)
Griffith was mentioned last week and put up another double-digit tackle performance against the Chargers. This week, he does not have the best matchup against Kansas City, but the players have been vocal they want to play to win for coach Vic Fangio. The Chiefs failed to run out the clock after building a lead against the Bengals last week and could focus more on the ground game if they jump out against Denver this week. Griffith should see plenty of opportunity for tackles depending on the game script against the Chiefs this week.
Continue reading this article with a Season Long Pro subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, ESPN