The Footballguys IDP Matchup Spreadsheet is used to track trends around the league to help with evaluating IDP matchups. I’ll use this article to call out some interesting numbers in the data each week.
You can find the Microsoft Excel tool HERE
The spreadsheet is now complete for the regular season.
STAT CREW GRADES
Here’s a look at how the home stadiums rank for the playoffs:
TVO (Tackles vs Opportunity):
- 9. SAN FRANCISCO: 1.243 tackles/opp
- 18. CINCINNATI: 1.208 tackles/opp
- 21. JACKSONVILLE: 1.207 tackles/opp
- 24. MINNESOTA: 1.198 tackles/opp
- 26. PHILADELPHIA: 1.196 tackles/opp
- 27. KANSAS CITY: 1.190 tackles/opp
- 30. BUFFALO: 1.178 tackles/opp
- 31. TAMPA BAY: 1.176 tackles/opp
Given the low numbers here overall, we should expect tackle numbers to be relatively low in most games in relation to the number of opportunities generated by both teams.
Here’s a similar look at the assist ratios for each home stadium:
AVO (Assists vs Opportunity):
- 11. SAN FRANCISCO – 46.6% assists
- 12. KANSAS CITY – 44.9% assists
- 18. CINCINNATI – 43.1% assists
- 20. PHILADELPHIA – 42.7% assists
- 21. JACKSONVILLE – 41.8% assists
- 25. TAMPA BAY – 40.9% assists
- 28. MINNESOTA – 38.5% assists
- 30. BUFFALO – 35.8% assists
Hopefully, this helps give you some useful information. Please reach out with any questions or feedback.