Join the Footballguys Daily Update
Start your morning with our roundup of the most important stories in football - with the fantasy insight you need to make league-winning decisions. Delivered straight to your inbox, 100% free.
The Footballguys IDP Matchup Spreadsheet is used to track trends around the league to help with evaluating IDP matchups. I’ll use this article to call out some interesting numbers in the data each week.
You can find the Microsoft Excel tool HERE
I’ve added in a new Schedule tab this year to try and quickly identify favorable matchups each week. I pulled in some key metrics for the defense as well as the offense they are facing this week.
When I look at matchups for this week, these are the matchups that look MOST FAVORABLE from a tackling perspective (with some notes if the matchup is particularly unfavorable for run vs pass):
- LOS ANGELES Chargers (vs Arizona) – Cardinals generating 55 tackle opps/game (27 pass completions)
- TAMPA BAY (vs Cleveland) – Browns generating 54 tackle opps/game (31 rush attempts)
- DALLAS (vs NY Giants) – Giants generating 54 tackle opps/game (33 rush attempts)
- GREEN BAY (vs Philadelphia) – Eagles generating 54 tackle opps/game (32 rush attempts)
- PITTSBURGH (vs Indianapolis) – Colts generating 53 tackle opps/game
- TENNESSEE (vs Cincinnati) – Bengals generating 53 tackle opps/game
- ARIZONA (vs LA Chargers) – Chargers generating 52 tackle opps/game (28 pass completions)
In contrast, these matchups look LEAST FAVORABLE from a tackling perspective (with some notes if the matchup is particularly unfavorable for run vs pass):
- DENVER (vs Carolina) – Panthers generating 43 tackle opps/game (17 pass completions)
- MIAMI (vs Houston) – Texans generating 45 tackle opps/game (22 rush attempts)
- ATLANTA (vs Washington) – Commanders generating 46 tackle opps/game (21 pass completions)
- CHICAGO (vs NY Jets) – Jets generating 46 tackle opps/game (20 pass completions)
- SEATTLE (vs Las Vegas) – Raiders generating 47 tackle opps/game (22 rush attempts)
- CINCINNATI (vs Tennessee) –Titans generating 47 tackle opps/game (15 pass completions)
You may also want some help picking out matchups for pass rushers. These are some that look MOST FAVORABLE to me from a pass-rush perspective:
- PITTSBURGH (vs Indianapolis) – Colts allow 3.6 sacks/game
- NY JETS (vs Chicago) – Bears allow 3.6 sacks/game
- KANSAS CITY (vs LA Rams) – Rams allow 3.5 sacks/game
- TENNESSEE (vs Cincinnati) – Bengals allow 3.4 sacks/game
- CAROLINA (vs Denver) – Broncos allow 3.3 sacks/game
Continue reading this content with a ELITE subscription.
An ELITE subscription is required to access content for IDP (individual defensive players) leagues. If this league is not a IDP (individual defensive players) league, you can edit your leagues here.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, NBC Sports EDGE