Take your shot at Playoff Glory!
Grab your teams in the Footballguys Playoff Challenge Round 2: Divisional Round. $35 Entry Fee with deep payouts and a $25,000 Grand Prize.
As the season progresses it is hard to find those diamonds in the rough or that guy that no one has heard of. This week we are going to examine the plethora of injuries across the league and who the most likely successor is to that starting job as well as highlight some prime matchups as well as surprising performers to this point. This article will also highlight a few long-term and speculative players that could see their value rise over the course of the season.
Last Week’s Picks
- LB Jerome Baker (MIA vs NO) 5 solos, 1 assist, 2 tackles for loss, 3 QB hits, 1.5 sacks, 96% defensive snaps
- LB Germaine Pratt (CIN vs BAL) 5 solos, 1 assist, 100% defensive snaps
- LB Baron Browning (DEN vs LV) 1 solo, 8 assists, 100% defensive snaps
- DE D.J. Wonnum (MIN vs LAR) 1 solo, 2 assists, 1 QB hit, 93% defensive snaps
- DE Justin Jones (LAC vs HOU) 3 solos, 1 tackle for loss, 76% defensive snaps
- DE Arik Armstead (SF vs TEN) 2 solos, 1 assist, 1 tackle for loss, 1 QB hit, 85% defensive snaps
- DT D.J. Reader (CIN vs BAL) COVID List
- S Terrell Edmunds (PIT vs KC) 2 solos, 3 assists, 100% defensive snaps
- CB Tavierre Thomas (HOU vs LAC) 6 solos, 2 assists, 1 interception, 1 touchdown, 1 pass defended, 77% defensive snaps
- S Rudy Ford (JAX vs NYJ) 1 solo, 40% defensive snaps
This Week’s Linebackers
LB Jerome Baker (MIA vs TEN)
Baker was mentioned in this exact spot last week and he delivered with 6 total tackles, 2 tackles for loss, and 1.5 sacks against the Saints. He is still widely available and is performing at just the right time for the fantasy playoffs. He has 3.5 sacks in his last 2 games and is taking on a Tennessee team that has allowed the 11th-most fantasy points to opposing linebackers. Throw in the injuries to the offensive line, no Derek Henry, and a nearly immobile in the pocket Ryan Tannehill and it is a recipe for another great game for Baker. He will not stay on the sleeper list for long if he continues to put up these numbers.
LB Jonas Griffith (DEN vs LAC)
Griffith has played extremely well for the Broncos while Kenny Young has been injured. This defense is allowing just 17.3 points per game (best overall) this season and has seen contributions all over the field. Griffith exploded for 13 total tackles and 3 tackles for loss last week and has a great matchup against a Chargers offense currently allowing the second-most fantasy points to opposing linebackers. Griffith is going to get an extended look from the Broncos and may even be viable when Kenny Young returns from injury.
Continue reading this article with a Season Long Pro subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, ESPN