As the season progresses it is hard to find those diamonds in the rough or that guy that no one has heard of. This week we are going to examine the plethora of injuries across the league and who the most likely successor is to that starting job as well as highlight some prime matchups as well as surprising performers to this point. This article will also highlight a few long-term and speculative players that could see their value rise over the course of the season.
- Clay Matthews OLB (LAR): 2 assists, 69% defensive snaps
- Neville Hewitt ILB (NYJ): 4 solos, 3 assists, 1 pass defended, 98% defensive snaps
- Nathan Gerry LB (PHI): 1 solo, 5 assists, 1 pass defended, 1 fumble recovery, 54% defensive snaps
- Chad Thomas DE (CLE): 5 solos, 2 tackles for loss, 68% defensive snaps
- Maxx Crosby DE (OAK): 3 solos, 1 assist, 1 sack, 2 tackles for loss, 84% defensive snaps
- Javon Hargrave DL (PIT): 2 solos, 2 assists, 1 tackle for loss, 67% defensive snaps
- Juston Burris S (CLE): 1 solo, 1 assist, 2 passes defended, 100% defensive snaps
- Eddie Jackson S (CHI): 4 solos, 2 assists, 100% defensive snaps
- Kenny Moore II CB (IND): 5 solos, 3 assists, 1 interception, 1 pass defended, 100% defensive snaps
And now, let's look at this week's sleepers.
Continue reading this article with a 100% free Insider subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, ESPN