SUNDAY MORNING UPDATE:
Sunday Morning Update: 11:20AM
Chris Olave is ruled out this week which makes some significant changes as the Saints are without their top 3 wide receivers.
This makes a significant change to the Primary Cash Game Lineup as the Bengals are the top defense on the board at the moment. This week has gone from really easy, to sort of ugly. With trying to force the Bengals into the lineup, it's done a couple of different things:
- I've needed to find $300 of available salary to move up from Atlanta to Cincinnati. This has pushed me from Tyler Higbee down to Zach Ertz. This could be a risk, but Ertz has more touchdown upside than Higbee based on red zone targets between this year and last year. Higbee I expect will be more popular this week, so hopefully we don't run into a T.J. Hockenson type performance from him.
- I don't really want both Rondale Moore and Zach Ertz in the same lineup. While the matchup is a good one, it's just not a team I want to go heavy on as that would be three Cardinals players. With that said, I'm switching from Rondale Moore to Romeo Doubs. Doubs has more touchdown upside compared to Moore, as he's scored in two of his last three games, and is someone that they're going to need to continue to improve throughout the season given that it appears Christian Watson may not be playing for quite some time.
- I've looked hard at Darrell Henderson. It's a situation where he's still cheap enough, and still should see enough volume that he should pan out. The sportsbooks are not concerned as they have his prop still as O/U 75.5 total yards which for $5,700 is a good value.
Primary Cash Lineup
- QB Josh Allen, BUF, $9,200
- RB Rhamondre Stevenson, NE, $7,500
- RB Darrell Henderson, LAR, $5,700
- WR, Cooper Kupp, LAR, $9,500
- WR Michael Pittman Jr, IND, $6,700
- WR Romeo Doubs, GB, $5,500
- TE Zach Ertz, ARI, $6,000
- Flex RB Eno Benjamin, ARI, $6,300
- TD Cincinnati Bengals, $3,600
As always, please provide any feedback on this article to knotts@footballguys via email or twitter.com/devinknottsfbg
SITUATIONS THAT STAND OUT TO THIS WEEK ON THE MAIN SLATE.
- Buffalo (at KC) – 28.5 points
- Tampa Bay (at PIT) – 26.5 points
- Arizona (at SEA) – 26.25 points
- Green Bay (vs NYJ) – 26.25 points
Week 5 Recap
Week 5 was another great week as so far this year is off to a fantastic start.
- QB Josh Allen, BUF, 36.2
- RB Alvin Kamara, NO, 20.4
- RB Jeff Wilson, SF, 19.7
- WR, Cooper Kupp, LAR, 22.4
- WR Drake London, ATL, 5.5
- WR Curtis Samuel, WAS, 10.8
- TE Tyler Higbee, LAR, 8.1
- Flex RB Dalvin Cook, MIN, 25.1
- TD Washington Commanders, 5.0
What went right:
- Josh Allen was the critical play this week. If you didn’t play him, it was more likely than not that you were going to lose. He was expensive at $8,900, but crushed it with 424 yards passing and four touchdowns in the Bills win over the Steelers.
- Jeff Wilson was one of the best value plays on the slate as at just $6,500 to
- Dalvin Cook was a top play this past week as he found the end-zone twice against the Bears and could have very easily found it a third time as he got the Vikings inside the one-yard line only for Kirk Cousins to sneak the ball into the end-zone.
What went wrong:
- It’s hard to complain about Alvin Kamara as he had 194 total yards in this game, but when Taysom Hill scores three touchdowns rushing, it is a little bit tough to swallow. If just one or two of those could have went to Kamara, he would have had an even better day.
- Drake London continued to struggle, and now is the time that we need to start worrying about the rookie and just how much progression he is going to make in his first season. After a tremendous start, he has come back to reality in a big way over the last two weeks. We’re going to have to take a wait and see approach for him before putting him in any future cash game lineups.
Continue reading this content with a HALL OF FAME subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, ESPN