Join the Footballguys Daily Update
Start your morning with our roundup of the most important stories in football - with the fantasy insight you need to make league-winning decisions. Delivered straight to your inbox, 100% free.
Know Your Opposition
If you want to finish at the top of the standings in a mid-to-large field GPP, your roster has to stand out from the crowd. Studying a list of projected roster percentages is a helpful first step, but it lacks the context of how the most popular players fit together under the salary cap.
To gain some insight into how the majority of entrants will allocate their cap space, so you can spend yours differently, let’s think about how the public is most likely to attack roster construction at each position.
PSA and Apology
This is coming out extremely late on Saturday Night/Sunday Morning and for that I apologize. This has been an extremely difficult week, as Thanksgiving week with the extra content is always a tough one while still balancing time with the family. This year was a little more complicated as my wife gave birth to our second child on Monday and with three days in the hospital it threw everything out of synch. We will be back at the normal time next week and are working on ways to get this out even sooner.
Slate Overview- Weird Week- Backups
This is one of the weirder weeks of the season, as there are a number of situations where the starter has been benched, or there are injuries particularly at the running back position causing a backup running back to get a significant workload.
- Davis Mills benched for Kyle Allen
- Baker Mayfield benched for Sam Darnold
- Zach Wilson benched for Mike White
- Justin Fields injured and to likely be replaced by Trevor Siemian
- Matthew Stafford is out this week and will be replaced by Bryce Perkins
- Melvin Gordon released, Chase Edmonds is injured for a few weeks leaving Latavius Murray as the primary back in Denver
- Raheem Mostert is injured which should consolidate the committee in Miami to Jeff Wilson
- Leonard Fournette is out which means Rachaad White should once again be in for a big workload
- Joe Mixon is out which means Samaje Perine will be the primary ball carrier in Cincinnati
- JaMarr Chase will once again miss this week after hopes he might return earlier this week. Tee Higgins is coming off of a 148 yard performance as it was by far his best game without Chase in the three that he has been out.
- Mike Williams remains out with an ankle injury after hopes he might return. Keenan Allen should be a strong play this week.
Continue reading this content with a HALL OF FAME subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, NBC Sports EDGE