SUNDAY MORNING UPDATE:
Check back here each Sunday Morning around 11:30 EST for any changes to the Primary Cash Lineup and anything that may have changed within this article.
Sunday Morning Thoughts:
Small change to the primary lineup. As much as I want to play Brock Wright, it would be irresponsible to not take the safer path.
I'm making the change from Josh Palmer and Brock Wright to Curtis Samuel and Evan Engram. Look, Engram has 40+ yards in each of his last 4 games, appears to be one of the consistent options in this offense, and we just are trying to avoid the potential zero from Brock Wright. Should Brock Wright be a value play? Without question, but I need to look at it objectively and say Brock Wright has the potential to get a zero.
Curtis Samuel is not someone that I'm overly high on this week, but I do think he'll be somewhat popular, and on the off-chance that he catches a touchdown, this play cancels out with opponents as well as he has 50+ yards in each of his last two games. Minnesota's pass defense has allowed 290+ passing yards in each of their last four games, so if Washington is going to have success this week, it'll need to be through the air to both McLaurin and Samuel.
Primary Cash Lineup- Projected Points 126.5
- QB Tom Brady, TB, $6,900
- RB Deon Jackson, IND, $5,000
- RB Travis Etienne, JAC, $7,600
- WR, Tyreek Hill, MIA, $8,700
- WR Curtis Samuel, WAS, $5,600
- WR DeAndre Hopkins, ARI, $8,600
- TE Evan Engram, JAC, $5,200
- Flex RB Austin Ekeler, LAC, $9,200
- TD Chicago Bears, $3,000
SITUATIONS THAT STAND OUT TO THIS WEEK ON THE MAIN SLATE.
- Buffalo (at NYJ) – 28.75 points
- Green Bay (at DET) – 26.5 points
- LA Chargers (at ATL) – 26.25 points
- Arizona (vs SEA) – 26 points
Week 8 Recap
Sometimes, you just get things wrong, and Week 8 was certainly one to forget. While in a lot of weeks 121.1 is a score that can cash, this week we weren’t even close.
Total points scored- 121.1
- QB Sam Ehlinger, IND, $6,000- 7.5
- RB Dameon Pierce, HOU, $7,300- 12.6
- RB Tony Pollard, DAL, $6,300- 33.2
- WR, Justin Jefferson, MIN, $9,000- 12.8
- WR Chris Olave, NO, $6,900- 7.7
- WR D.J. Moore, CAR, $6,200- 24.5
- TE Dallas Goedert, PHI, $5,900- 9.4
- Flex RB Josh Jacobs, LV, $9,000- 6.4
- TD Washington Commanders, $3,400- 7.0
What went right:
- In reality nothing. Tony Pollard and D.J. Moore were obvious plays this past week that really shouldn’t be celebrated.
What went wrong:
- It’s amazing what the Colts are doing, seemingly willing to throw their season away for Sam Ehlinger. While Ehlinger was not expected to look great, he looked about as bad as any quarterback has looked in quite some time.
- Not taking Alvin Kamara. Kamara was a player that we talked up last week but downgraded him due to him not scoring a touchdown prior to last week. Kamara quicky changed that as he had 3 touchdowns last week along with 160 yards.
- Justin Jefferson had a “poor” performance for his standards. I had DeAndre Hopkins rated ahead of him in the player charts, but chose to upgrade him to Justin Jefferson. Hopkins had a great game, Jefferson while he had 96 yards, did not find the end-zone and therefore at $9,000 is not going to pay off his salary.
Continue reading this content with a HALL OF FAME subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, ESPN