Sunday MORNING UPDATE:
I just wanted to send a quick thank you to everyone who has followed along this season and subscribes to Footballguys. This article will continue throughout the conference championship games.
With that said, big updates this morning. Week 18 has turned into a complete dumpster fire as expected.
- Davis Webb will start for the Giants at quarterback while the team will also rest Saquon Barkley. This is majorly concerning regarding Jalen Hurts and his outlook for this game as with Hurts dealing with a shoulder injury will the Giants be able to do enough to keep
- Gus Edwards to start for Baltimore as JK Dobbins will rest heading into their playoff game next week.
- Anthony Brown could start for Baltimore as Tyler Huntley is dealing with shoulder and wrist injuries. This would be significant as it would indicate that Lamar Jackson is unlikely to play next week. This may hurt Joe Burrow as Anthony Brown has looked about what you expect from an undrafted rookie in his very very limited game time this season and in the preseason.
The internal debate I'm having at the moment is surrounding Jalen Hurts and re-looking at Josh Allen. We just have no idea how good or bad Davis Webb is, but the thinking here is that he has been in the NFL since 2017, has never made a start, and was cut by the Giants after using a third round pick in his rookie season. While he was on the Bills from 2019-2021, he was the third-string guy behind Mitchell Trubisky who we have all seen this season and the struggles he's had. The problem with Webb is that if he is completely incompetent, then Hurts is not going to reach value and certainly stacking Hurts with AJ Brown.
The way I want to go about this for this week is keeping Miles Sanders, but moving off of Hurts/Brown and onto Allen/Diggs. Yes, there are concerns with Allen's elbow, but this is an emotional game for the Bills and one that I think they come out and do enough to reach value.
Primary Cash Lineup- Total Projected Points- 121.7
- QB Josh Allen, BUF, $8,800
- RB Tyler Allgeier, ATL, $6,500
- RB Jonathan Williams, WAS, $5,000
- WR, Ja'Marr Chase, CIN, $8,500
- WR Stefon Diggs, BUF, $8,400
- WR DK Metcalf, SEA, $7,200
- TE Trey McBride, ARI, $5,100
- Flex RB Miles Sanders, PHI, $6,700
- TD Minnesota Vikings, $3,700
SITUATIONS THAT STAND OUT TO THIS WEEK ON THE MAIN SLATE.
- Philadelphia (vs NYG) – 29.25 points
- San Francisco (vs ARI) – 26.75 points
- Buffalo (vs NE) – 25.5 points
- Minnesota (at CHI) – 24.5 points
Week 17 Recap
Week 17 was arguably the low point of this article and the most disappointing week of the season. In what ended up being one of the lowest scoring weeks in recent memory, the quarterback position was a killer. The analysis was correct, particularly at the quarterback position as Tom Brady ended up as the clear cut number one quarterback on this slate while the running backs of Ken Walker III, Tyler Allgeier and Brian Robinson Jr should have been good enough to win on a low scoring week. Instead, I suckered myself into the group think of the Jared Goff/Teddy Bridgewater would be the safer plays.
What’s interesting is even with some massive mistakes (Kelce, Jefferson, Bridgewater), this lineup finished only 6 points behind the cash line for FanDuel this week.
Congrats to those that followed the rankings and went with Tom Brady. We had multiple people who won $10,000 or more last week as the GPP and Cash Plus lineups were great or they created their own version with Evans instead of Godwin.
Total points scored- 75.14 points
- QB Teddy Bridgewater, MIA, $6,100- 10.0
- RB Ken Walker III III, SEA, $6,700- 14.7
- RB Tyler Allgeier, ATL, $6,700- 16.0
- WR Justin Jefferson, MIN, $9,200- 2.0
- WR Allen Lazard, GB, $6,200- 8.4
- WR Tyler Lockett, SEA $6,000- 2.5
- TE Travis Kelce, KC, $8,300- 7.8
- Flex RB Brian Robinson Jr Jr, WAS, $6,900
- TD Atlanta Falcons, $3,900- 5.0
What went right:
- Ken Walker III and Tyler Allgeier were the lone bright spots on this team.
What went wrong:
- Justin Jefferson was a disaster. This one is tough because it is now twice that the Vikings have simply not shown up when Justin Jefferson is in the
- It’s easy to blame Teddy Bridgewater, as he got injured and finished 12 points behind Jared Goff. If he would have played the full game, it’s reasonable to think he could have reached value as the Dolphins would likely have to be throwing for the majority of the remainder of the game.
- Travis Kelce is a tough one as he now has not scored a touchdown in five consecutive games and finishing with just 7.8 FanDuel points.
Continue reading this content with a HALL OF FAME subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, NBC Sports EDGE