Unlock More Content Like This With a Footballguys Premium Subscription
"FBG is the best fantasy football advisory service anywhere."
Nigel Eccles, Co-Founder, FanDuel
Sunday Morning Update:
Some big news this week is that Jimmy Garoppolo will miss this week and Aidan O'Connell will get the start for the Raiders. The big question for Adams is the volume with O'Connell starting. It's still a very good price, and we may not see that dramatic of a fall off for Adams this week.
Deshaun Watson will also miss this week with a shoulder injury. Dorian Thompson-Robinson will get the start and is intriguing at just $6,100. Thompson-Robinson was the highlight of the Browns pre-season as he provides a dynamic duo of both rushing and passing. At just $6,100, he is intriguing as the Ravens secondary is banged up with Marlon Humphrey and Marcus Williams both out this week. Thompson-Robinson should add enough on the ground that he may not have the upside of a player like Justin Fields, but it allows us to go up to Justin Jefferson who should be able to torch the Panthers secondary.
- QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson, CLE, $6,100
- RB James Cook, BUF, $6,800
- RB Javonte Williams, DEN, $5,800
- WR JaMarr Chase, CIN, $8,200
- WR Justin Jeferson, MIN, $9,400
- WR Michael Thomas, NO, $5,800
- TE Jake Ferguson, DAL, $5,100
- Flex RB Christian McCaffrey, SF, $9,700
- TD Las Vegas Raiders, $3,000
SITUATIONS THAT STAND OUT TO THIS WEEK ON THE MAIN SLATE.
- San Francisco (vs ARI) – 28.75 points
- Buffalo (vs MIA) – 28.0 points
- LA Chargers (vs LV) – 27.0 points
- Philadelphia (vs WAS) – 26.5 points
- Miami (at BUF) – 25.5 points
Week 3 Recap
Week 3 was an easy week, which takes the Primary Cash Lineup to 3-0 on the season. This week was never really in doubt as Raheem Mostert was only 33% rostered, which made it so that if you had him in your lineup, it was basically an automatic win for the week.
Total points scored- 154.88
- QB Kirk Cousins, MIN, $7,800- 26.68
- RB Joshua Kelley, LAC, $6,100- 2.2
- RB Jerome Ford, CLE, $5,600- 18.1
- WR Justin Jefferson, MIN, $9,700- 24.4
- WR Christian Kirk, JAC, $6,500- 13.4
- WR Michael Thomas, NO, $5,800- 8.0
- TE Travis Kelce, KC, $8,000- 16.4
- Flex RB Raheem Mostert, MIA, $6,600- 41.7
- TD New York Jets, $3,900- 4
What went right:
- Raheem Mostert scoring 41.7 as the number two overall running back on the slate could not have been more spot on. This was a positive matchup that was identified early on in the week along with the mis-pricing of the Sunday Night Football game after a big performance.
- We said going into the week that Jerome Ford was going to be touchdown-dependent in a tough matchup, and he found the end-zone twice against the Titans.
What went wrong:
- Travis Kelce wasn’t bad, and the analysis between both him and Sam LaPorta was spot on, but the choice to go with Kelce over LaPorta was a mistake. LaPorta at just $5,100 was such a great price that he will not be that cheap the rest of the season.
- Joshua Kelley was a mistake. While he was 84% rostered, this is a player who just is not great even in a positive matchup. He had just 12 rushing yards and added just 5 receiving yards this past week.
Continue reading this content with a HALL OF FAME subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, NBC Sports EDGE