Take your shot at Playoff Glory!
Grab your teams in the Footballguys Playoff Challenge Round 2: Divisional Round. $35 Entry Fee with deep payouts and a $25,000 Grand Prize.
Monkey Knife Fight is one of the fastest-growing daily fantasy sites and offers a unique product that is a lot of fun. There are no salary caps and you do not have to compete against DFS pros. Instead, you simply find the combination of player props you are most confident in and pick more or less. Since each combination (two or more players) is playing in the same game, we can use correlation to our advantage. For example, if we know that one starting quarterback throws for more yards than projected, the opposing quarterback is more likely to throw for more yards also.
In this weekly article, we will count down the five best props of the week. With the Holiday week, we are going to do things just a little bit differently. We are going to give our two favorite Thanksgiving Day props on Thursday morning and then add the top three weekend plays on Friday.
Week 18 Review
- Last Week: -1
- Season Total: +7.6
A foot injury to Taysom Hill was the only thing between us and another winning week. We will look to get back on track in the playoffs.
Week 18 Picks
5: Saturday Night Sleeper (0):
Jalen Hurts was inactive so this one was canceled. We were hoping to get one half from him and still hit the under on passing yards.
4: Bills-Jets Yards: (-1)
We were on the wrong side of his one. Both quarterbacks went under.
3: Passing Overs in NO: (-1)
We had some bad luck here. Matt Ryan threw for more than 20 yards more than we needed. Taysom Hill threw for over 100 yards before the end of the first half before suffering a foot injury that knocked him out of the game.
2: Passing Correlation in Baltimore: (+2)
1: Rams-49ers TDs (-1)
5: Bengals-Raiders TDs
- We have a healthy 49-point total in this game and a pair of teams with very concentrated touchdown scoring this season. We know who the go-to scorers are for both teams, making this an especially attractive spot to target for our touchdown props.
- Joe Mixon and Josh Jacobs ranked 4th and 8th in the NFL in rushing touchdowns.
- Mixon averaged an even 1.0 touchdown per game in the 2021 season and was especially hot down the stretch. Mixon had multiple touchdowns in 5-of-9 games to end the season.
- One of those multiple touchdown games came against the Raiders in Week 10, when Mixon carried it a season-high 30 times for 123 yards and 2 touchdowns.
- Las Vegas has allowed 23 touchdowns to opposing running backs this season, third-most in the NFL behind only the Jets and Lions.
- Jacobs has seen his usage ratcheted up in a big way down the stretch of the season. Over the final three weeks, he averaged 23 carries and 3.0 targets per game.
- Ja'Marr Chase has quickly emerged as one of the best wide receivers in the NFL. He finished his rookie season with 1,455 yards and 13 touchdowns.
Bengals QB Joe Burrow talking about Cincinnati’s group of “athletic freak shows” that includes the WR trio of Ja’Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd.— Ben Baby (@Ben_Baby) January 11, 2022
Burrow: “I’ll take every single one of them over anybody in the league.” pic.twitter.com/IVBNhZDOc2
- The last time we saw Chase in a playoff game, he lit up a great Clemson defense for 221 yards and 2 touchdowns.
Continue reading this article with a Season Long Pro subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, ESPN