Photo: Geoff Burke, USA Today Sports
BUF @ NE
- James Cook got more work than Devin Singletary and looked impressive enough to assume he’ll continue to be worth an RB2 start going forward. Singletary scored and still has what the heck flex value at worst with Cook injury upside.
- Isaiah McKenzie got enough targets and catches to be worth rostering in PPR leagues.
- Dawson Knox is trending down. He posted a goose egg and is droppable for another option on the rise.
- Mac Jones was frustrated with the short passing game plan and wasn’t that effective. Bailey Zappe starting before the end of the season is still in play.
- Hunter Henry faded after a strong Week 12. Rhamondre Stevenson is the only reliable play in this passing game.
GB @ CHI
- Aaron Rodgers was mediocre, probably still hampered by his multiple injuries, and he could sit before the end of the season when the Packers are out of playoff contention. He’s droppable going into his bye.
- A.J. Dillon had his second strong week in a row. He’s an RB2/Flex after the bye, and it’s conceivable that he’ll have more value than Aaron Jones, who got banged up.
- Christian Watson was too fast for the Bears defense and continues to be a must-start going forward, but Allen Lazard also had a good enough game to be worth carrying through the bye in PPR leagues if the bench is long enough.
- Justin Fields returned and was sharp as a runner and a passer. He’ll continue to be a fantasy QB1 after the bye.
- Chase Claypool went down with a leg injury. Equanimeous St. Brown is worth an add in deep leagues as the de facto #1 wide receiver, but Cole Kmet could be the top target overall and has momentum heading into the bye.
PIT @ ATL
- The Steelers have turned into a run first offense and an effective one at that. Kenny Pickett and his targets will have lower ceilings as long as the defense and running game does their part.
- Najee Harris was the lead back and he looked good enough to trust as an RB2 play vs. Baltimore.
- Marcus Mariota was his typical mediocre self and could get replaced by Desmond Ridder during the bye. Ridder is worth an add in 2QB/Superflex and Mariota is a few steps out on the plank.
- Cordarrelle Patterson had a touchdown called back, but was also back to baffling non-usage in the passing game. He’s only a what-the-heck flex after his bye and not an essential hold in short bench leagues.
- Drake London was productive enough to justify carrying him through the bye, but he’s still only a what-the-heck WR3/Flex at best. He still has a bright future in dynasty leagues.
NYJ @ MIN
- Mike White had another strong game and with a few breaks would have been one of the top quarterback plays of Week 13. He has a tough matchup vs. Buffalo but looks to have more staying power than he did last year.
- Zonovan Knight was the lead back and has the look of a solid RB2 until Michael Carter II is back. Even after Carter is back, Knight will have what-the-heck flex value. Ty Johnson was the passing down back and has desperation play value until Carter is back. James Robinson was barely used and is droppable.
- Corey Davis had a strong game even with Garrett Wilson going off and he should be added in typical leagues. Elijah Moore’s role is probably going to remain too small to matter in fantasy leagues.
- The Jets defense held down the Vikings passing game and should be considered a possible limiting factor for opponents. They play the Bills this week.
Already a subscriber? Login
Continue reading this content with a PRO subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, ESPN