Take your shot at Playoff Glory!
Grab your teams in the Footballguys Playoff Challenge Round 2: Divisional Round. $35 Entry Fee with deep payouts and a $25,000 Grand Prize.
Monkey Knife Fight is one of the fastest-growing daily fantasy sites and offers a unique product that is a lot of fun. There are no salary caps and you do not have to compete against DFS pros. Instead, you simply find the combination of player props you are most confident in and pick more or less. Since each combination (two or more players) is playing in the same game, we can use correlation to our advantage. For example, if we know that one starting quarterback throws for more yards than projected, the opposing quarterback is more likely to throw for more yards also.
In this weekly article, we will count down the five best props of the week.
Week 10 Review
Last Week: -1
Season Total: +6
We tried something by focusing entirely on Touchdown Dance props last week. It was close to being a great week but we came up just short in a couple of spots.
Week 10 Picks
5: Panthers-Cardinals TDs: (-1) We will take the L here, although this one came with a disclaimer to wait until Sunday and see what was going on with injuries. In real life, we would have passed once we saw Kyler Murray ruled out.
4: Vikings-Chargers TDs: (-1) This one probably should have hit. We had touchdowns from Dalvin Cook and Austin Ekeler but nothing from Adam Thielen. Cook getting stoned at the goal line and a touchdown going to Tyler Conklin instead.
5: Split Thursday Ticket
- Matt Ryan has thrown for less than 150 passing yards twice in the last three weeks, which coincides with the loss of some of his top weapons.
- Calvin Ridley is out indefinitely. Cordarrelle Patterson is highly questionable for tonight. Hayden Hurst is out. We know that Bill Belichick will be able to scheme out the opponent’s top target (Kyle Pitts). Who is Ryan going to throw it to? Russell Gage, Olamide Zaccheaus, Wayne Gallman, and Co. are not going to dominate individual matchups.
- The Patriots pass defense has been dominant in recent weeks, holding the Browns to 154 yards last week, the Panthers to 172 in Week 9, and the Chargers to 223 the week before.
- Mac Jones has quietly been one of the more efficient passers in the NFL over the past six weeks. He has 7.7 or more yards per attempt in five of six games. At that level of efficiency, he would need 32 attempts to throw for more than 245.5 yards.
- The Falcons defense has given up more than 245.5 passing yards in seven-of-nine games this season (78%).
Continue reading this article with a Season Long Pro subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, ESPN