Join the Footballguys Daily Update
Start your morning with our roundup of the most important stories in football - with the fantasy insight you need to make league-winning decisions. Delivered straight to your inbox, 100% free.
As we race toward August, Footballguys.com will look at one team per day with our extremely in-depth Team Reports and our quick-hitting Team Mood and Players We're In and Out On, where we check out the overall mood of each team's offense and let you know the players we are in on (because they are great values at the cost it takes to acquire them) and who we're out on (because they are too expensive and won't have a good return on that investment).
Here are all of the Team Mood and Players We're In and Out On articles:
Arizona | Atlanta | Baltimore | Buffalo | Carolina | Chicago | Cincinnati | Cleveland | Dallas | Denver | Detroit | Green Bay | Houston | Indianapolis | Jacksonville | Kansas City | Las Vegas | LA Chargers | LA Rams | Miami | Minnesota | New England | New Orleans | NY Giants | NY Jets | Philadelphia | Pittsburgh | San Francisco | Seattle | Tampa Bay | Tennessee | Washington
Want a brief overview? Here it is:
- Mood - Neutral
- We're In On at Cost - WR Christian Kirk
- We're Out On at Cost - RB Travis Etienne
Want a longer breakdown of how it's going in Jacksonville? Read on.
Jacksonville, Team Mood
- Good - 1
- Neutral - 7
- Bad - 1
Staffers in a Good Mood
- Ben Cummins: The coaching upgrade from Urban Meyer to Doug Pederson is massive, and Trevor Lawrence is about to take a major step forward in year two.
Staffers in a Neutral Mood
- Jason Wood: While Pederson is better than Meyer, he may not be the answer. And the roster is still one of the weakest in the league, and Lawrence has an all-time bad rookie year.
- Jeff Haseley: But on the path to good. I think we will see a completely different result with Jacksonville this season. Doug Pederson will get the ship moving in the right direction.
- Chad Parsons: Urban Meyer stink is gone, and 1.01-drafted quarterbacks typically elevate well in Years 2-3.
- Andy Hicks: Jacksonville hasn’t been known for good decision-making. Doug Pedersen went from Super Bowl winner to ousted in a short period of time.
- Christian Williams: Doug Pederson should enhance the floor of the offense, but the ceiling is still a major question mark.
- Ryan Weisse: Overall, the team feels like it's heading in a better direction, but you can't look at this roster and feel good.
- Sam Wagman: The team got rid of Urban Meyer and signed as many free agents as they possibly could, but the pieces still have to gel.
Staffers in a Bad Mood
- Jeff Bell: This was the worst offense in the NFL in 2021. New coach but still has talent questions through the roster.
Players We're In On at Cost
Continue reading this content with a 100% free Insider subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, NBC Sports EDGE