Join the Footballguys Daily Update
Start your morning with our roundup of the most important stories in football - with the fantasy insight you need to make league-winning decisions. Delivered straight to your inbox, 100% free.
As we race toward August, Footballguys.com will look at one team per day with our extremely in-depth Team Reports and our quick-hitting Team Mood and Players We're In and Out On, where we check out the overall mood of each team's offense and let you know the players we are in on (because they are great values at the cost it takes to acquire them) and who we're out on (because they are too expensive and won't have a good return on that investment).
Here are all of the Team Mood and Players We're In and Out On articles:
Arizona | Atlanta | Baltimore | Buffalo | Carolina | Chicago | Cincinnati | Cleveland | Dallas | Denver | Detroit | Green Bay | Houston | Indianapolis | Jacksonville | Kansas City | Las Vegas | LA Chargers | LA Rams | Miami | Minnesota | New England | New Orleans | NY Giants | NY Jets | Philadelphia | Pittsburgh | San Francisco | Seattle | Tampa Bay | Tennessee | Washington
Want a brief overview? Here it is:
Want a longer breakdown of how it's going in Houston? Read on.
Houston, Team Mood
- Good - 0
- Neutral - 7
- Bad - 5
Staffers in a Good Mood
Staffers in a Neutral Mood
- Jason Wood: The team is still years away from contention, but the roster is improved. Lovie Smith should be a steadying hand with a young roster.
- Ryan Weisse: No major changes from last year, but natural growth from Davis Mills should make Brandin Cooks and Nico Collins fun for fantasy.
- Chad Parsons: Nothing really changes at the important spots on the offense. Davis Mills with a chance at a progression upwards.
- Nick Whalen: Pep Hamilton staying in Houston for another year provides some hope for the development of Davis Mills and the offense.
- Sam Wagman: Houston has quietly built a team that won’t contend any time soon but is young and has growth potential with Davis Mills and co.
- Andy Hicks: The Davis Mills from late 2021 had improved significantly from the one that started the season. If he develops even further into year two, this team could surprise.
- Jordan McNamara: The team got a trove of picks for Deshaun Watson and has a chance to find a franchise quarterback in Davis Mills.
Staffers in a Bad Mood
- Christian Williams: While Davis Mills may be a diamond in the rough, the loss of John Metchie and an uncertain running back room may lower the floor of the offense.
- Ben Cummins: Davis Mills showed promise as a quarterback who can get his pass-catchers the ball last year. That will come in handy during another lost season.
- Will Grant: Most of the players on this team won't qualify for a flex position in most fantasy leagues.
- Craig Lakins: I love watching a rebuild, but this team is still in the early stages. There's not much to see here.
- Jeff Bell: There is a very real chance this offense does not have a top-24 positional finisher.
Players We're In On at Cost
Continue reading this content with a 100% free Insider subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, NBC Sports EDGE