As we race toward August, Footballguys.com will look at one team per day with our extremely in-depth Team Reports and our quick-hitting Team Mood and Players We're In and Out On, where we check out the overall mood of each team's offense and let you know the players we are in on (because they are great values at the cost it takes to acquire them) and who we're out on (because they are too expensive and won't have a good return on that investment).
Here are all of the Team Mood and Players We're In and Out On articles:
Arizona | Atlanta | Baltimore | Buffalo | Carolina | Chicago | Cincinnati | Cleveland | Dallas | Denver | Detroit | Green Bay | Houston | Indianapolis | Jacksonville | Kansas City | Las Vegas | LA Chargers | LA Rams | Miami | Minnesota | New England | New Orleans | NY Giants | NY Jets | Philadelphia | Pittsburgh | San Francisco | Seattle | Tampa Bay | Tennessee | Washington
Want a brief overview? Here it is:
Want a longer breakdown of how it's going in Atlanta? Read on.
Atlanta, Team Mood
- Good - 0
- Neutral - 4
- Bad - 9
Staffers in a Good Mood
Staffers in a Neutral Mood
- Dave Kluge: Losing Matt Ryan is a tough blow, but Kyle Pitts and Drake London should make life easier for whoever the quarterback is.
- Jeff Bell: This offense has a quiet ability to deliver a fantasy starter at all four positions.
- Christian Williams: Drake London and Kyle Pitts give the passing game hope.
- Ben Cummins: The Falcons offense ranked 28th in DVOA last season and then downgraded at quarterback. However, I’m bullish on Desmond Ridder, whenever he takes over for Marcus Mariota, elevating the pass-catchers in fantasy.
Staffers in a Bad Mood
- Andy Hicks: Marcus Mariota v Desmond Ridder, no running game and a mess at wide receiver.
- Alfredo Brown: The quarterback situation seems like a nightmare for fantasy.
- Sam Wagman: This team should be a contender for the No. 1 overall pick next draft.
- Jason Wood: Directionless and lacking in talent up and down the roster
- Jeff Haseley: Transitional year, with holes in several areas on offense and defense.
- Chad Parsons: Tough to bank on an offense with such a questionable quarterback situation and the prospect of "truly bad" within their reasonable range of outcomes.
- Craig Lakins: The upside here is we're likely to see several rookies get a lot of snaps as the Falcons try to see what they have for future seasons.
- Ryan Weisse: They weren't very good last year and will take a step back at quarterback. If they couldn't score touchdowns with Matt Ryan, is Marcus Mariota going to change that?
- Victoria Geary: The departure of Matt Ryan leaves us wondering if Mariota or Ridder can support Patterson, Pitts, and London in fantasy this year.
Players We're In On at Cost
Continue reading this content with a 100% free Insider subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, ESPN