As we race toward August, Footballguys.com will look at one team per day with our extremely in-depth Team Reports and our quick-hitting Team Mood and Players We're In and Out On, where we check out the overall mood of each team's offense and let you know the players we are in on (because they are great values at the cost it takes to acquire them) and who we're out on (because they are too expensive and won't have a good return on that investment).
Here are all of the Team Mood and Players We're In and Out On articles:
Arizona | Atlanta | Baltimore | Buffalo | Carolina | Chicago | Cincinnati | Cleveland | Dallas | Denver | Detroit | Green Bay | Houston | Indianapolis | Jacksonville | Kansas City | Las Vegas | LA Chargers | LA Rams | Miami | Minnesota | New England | New Orleans | NY Giants | NY Jets | Philadelphia | Pittsburgh | San Francisco | Seattle | Tampa Bay | Tennessee | Washington
Want a brief overview? Here it is:
- Mood - Good
- We're In On at Cost - QB Derek Carr
- We're Out On at Cost - RB Josh Jacobs and TE Darren Waller
Want a longer breakdown of how it's going in Las Vegas? Read on.
Las Vegas, Team Mood
- Good - 10
- Neutral - 7
- Bad - 0
Staffers in a Good Mood
- Kevin Coleman: Josh McDaniels is one of the best offensive minds in the NFL and could unlock Derek Carr.
- Jeff Haseley: Las Vegas is in a prime position to be one of the better teams in the AFC thanks to the signing of Josh McDaniels and Davante Adams. The offense is ready to rock.
- Sam Wagman: Adding Davante Adams and bringing in a solid offensive mind in Josh McDaniels are what you need to compete in what might be the toughest division in the NFL.
- Craig Lakins: The Raiders made a couple of big moves this offseason in an effort to keep pace in the AFC, West and now Derek Carr has the best supporting cast of his career.
- Alfredo Brown: Additions of Davante Adams, Josh McDaniels, and Zamir White should lead to more scoring.
- Zareh Kantzabedian: Derek Carr has historically finished as a back-end QB1/high-end QB2 but now gets Davante Adams, who should solidify Carr’s status as a weekly QB1.
- Christian Williams: This is the best assortment of weapons Derek Carr has ever had at his disposal and arguably the best offensive coach in his career.
- Chad Parsons: Adding Adams to an already-good offense lifts the overall tide.
- Dave Kluge: A playoff team heads into this season with a new WR1, a healthy Darren Waller, and an exciting new head coach.
- Victoria Geary: The addition of Davante Adams may be the tipping point this offense needs to go further than one-and-done in the playoffs.
Staffers in a Neutral Mood
- Jason Wood: Bill Belichick and Josh McDaniels haven't shown much without Tom Brady, and while Davante Adams is huge, the defense is still among the league's worst.
- Ben Cummins: There is warranted excitement around the additions of Davante Adams and Josh McDaniels yet the offensive line ranks as the fourth worst unit according to Pro Football Focus.
- Andy Hicks: I am not convinced that Josh McDaniels is the best hire at head coach. Davante Adams and Darren Waller will be 30 this year. How much do they have left?
- Justin Howe: Davante Adams brings consistency, but the Raiders didn't add much dynamism, and big questions remain along the offensive line. I expect similar output in 2022.
- Ryan Weisse: I like everything about this offense. Carr is a good quarterback, and the pass-catchers are great. I'm just concerned they won't throw enough to keep everyone relevant.
- Jeff Bell: The passing yardage was there to support three top receiver options but touchdowns must increase.
- Jordan McNamara: There is a lot of change, but I'm not sold on Josh McDaniels as a head coach, given his prior history.
Staffers in a Bad Mood
Players We're In On at Cost
Continue reading this content with a 100% free Insider subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, ESPN