As we race toward August, Footballguys.com will look at one team per day with our extremely in-depth Team Reports and our quick-hitting Team Mood and Players We're In and Out On, where we check out the overall mood of each team's offense and let you know the players we are in on (because they are great values at the cost it takes to acquire them) and who we're out on (because they are too expensive and won't have a good return on that investment).
Here are all of the Team Mood and Players We're In and Out On articles:
Arizona | Atlanta | Baltimore | Buffalo | Carolina | Chicago | Cincinnati | Cleveland | Dallas | Denver | Detroit | Green Bay | Houston | Indianapolis | Jacksonville | Kansas City | Las Vegas | LA Chargers | LA Rams | Miami | Minnesota | New England | New Orleans | NY Giants | NY Jets | Philadelphia | Pittsburgh | San Francisco | Seattle | Tampa Bay | Tennessee | Washington
Want a brief overview? Here it is:
Want a longer breakdown of how it's going in San Francisco? Read on.
San Francisco, Team Mood
- Good - 5
- Neutral - 9
- Bad - 2
Staffers in a Good Mood
- Jeff Haseley: They have a young dual-threat quarterback on an offense coached with ingenuity with talent at every position.
- Ben Cummins: Trey Lance will provide a spark to an offense that already ranked fifth in DVOA last year.
- Chad Parsons: Secretly rooting for Jimmy Garoppolo to be the starter as many view it as a zero percent chance, but as long as he is still on the roster, stay tuned.
- Craig Lakins: They have to keep Deebo Samuel happy, but I'm excited to see Trey Lance get going this year.
- Zareh Kantzabedian: Fantasy players under Kyle Shanahan are consistently schemed up to be productive.
Staffers in a Neutral Mood
- Jason Wood: Major quarterback shuffle plus a disgruntled star and completely gutted coaching staff, but talent still abounds.
- James Brimacombe: The 49ers' whole season looks to be riding on if Trey Lance is ready.
- Sam Wagman: Trey Lance feels like the future, but with the team not having officially announced him as the starter alongside Deebo Samuel’s trade request, things are a bit murky.
- Phil Alexander: Bad for the pass-catchers. Good for the quarterback and running backs.
- Andy Hicks: The quarterback situation regarding Trey Lance may be the most uncertain in the league.
- Jordan McNamara: They've decided to take a step back in the immediate term by turning from Jimmy Garoppolo to Trey Lance in the hopes of taking multiple steps forward.
- Jeff Bell: Pieces and value worth buying in at most every level, but uncertainty at quarterback and historic ambiguity at running back give pause.
- Christian Williams: Deebo Samuel's unhappiness could prove to be a challenge for San Francisco.
- Kevin Coleman: Trey Lance gives this offense the highest ceiling it has had in years, but Deebo Samuel’s trade request looms large over this offense.
Staffers in a Bad Mood
- Dave Kluge: But things can turn around quickly. Deebo Samuel's trade demands and the quarterback uncertainty have headlined the 49ers' offseason.
- Ryan Weisse: The unknown of Trey Lance makes trusting anyone here very hard. Lance himself should be great with an outstanding rushing floor.
Players We're In On at Cost
Continue reading this content with a 100% free Insider subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, ESPN