The 2022 NFL free-agent class is loaded with big names at the skill positions. Here is a look at the Tier 1 players potentially on the move and the dynasty impact of their free-agent status:
*aPPG is a proprietary measure of PPR PPG with some adjustment for missed games*
Frankly, the quarterback free-agent market is the weak spot of the skill position class. The main focus will be on potential trade candidates like Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson as positional landscape-changing players for their respective franchises. The second most interesting aspect of the position is the myriad of contract situations in the window to pay their quarterback franchise-cornerstone money. Those include:
- Davante Adams
- Allen Robinson
- Chris Godwin
- JuJu Smith-Schuster
- Mike Williams
- Will Fuller V
- Antonio Brown
POTENTIAL INCUMBENT BENEFACTORS
- Javonte Williams - Already strongly valued in dynasty, Williams will be a low-hanging fruit breakout candidate in 2022 if Melvin Gordon III is gone.
- Ke'Shawn Vaughn - The rest of the Tampa Bay depth chart is a free agent in 2022. Day 2 pedigree is a plus for Vaughn to (finally) rise up in opportunity.
- Eno Benjamin - James Conner and Chase Edmonds are both slated free agents with Benjamin, like Ke'Shawn Vaughn, the lone incumbent of note under contract to start the offseason.
- Tyler Johnson - Elite metric prospect from Day 2, flashed in minimal rookie playing time to date.
- Josh Palmer - Day 2 pedigree and could slide into the WR2 role if Mike Williams is gone.
- Amari Rodgers - Slow rookie season start, but Day 2 pedigree and Davante Adams' departure would create a chasm of available targets and wide-open depth chart.
- Harrison Bryant - David Njoku leaving and Austin Hooper underwhelming would open the door for the former Mackey Award winner to continue his upward trajectory for opportunities.
- Hunter Long - Day 2 pedigree and would be a riser candidate in Miami without Mike Gesicki.