Unlock more content like this with a Footballguys Premium Subscription.
"FBG is the best fantasy football advisory service anywhere."
Nigel Eccles, Co-Founder, FanDuel
As I watch games from Thursday through Monday Night Football, I take notes on the things that catch my eye. From injuries to unexpected box score production, both good and bad, to scheme quirks and situations that could affect a player's production in weeks to come. By Wednesday evening, I turn these notes and the subsequent news and investigation into the Eyes of the Guru column.
Last year, we decided to post my Sunday notes to give our IDP customers an early look. You seemed to like it, so that process will continue in 2023. On Monday afternoon/evening, I will be sharing those raw notes. There will not be a lot of analysis or in-depth description. Those things take time and will come later in the week. The goal is to give our customers an early heads up on things that could impact your important decisions for the week, so if something in the notes is particularly important to your team, you can look into it on you own and/or wait until the EOTG comes out that week to get my take.
These are the notes from week one.
- Dennis Gardeck 3-1-2 FF.
- Zaven Collins was quiet in the tackle and sack columns but had an impact 0-2 INT, FR.
- Kyzir White led the team in tackles at 5-4 despite being ejected for a late hit.
- Jesse Bates III back to old form 5-5 with 2 picks and a forced fumble.
- Kaden Elliss slow start but finished 6-3. Troy Andersen 3-7-0.5 snap counts
- Ravens secondary is a M.A.S.H. unit. Add Marcus Williams shoulder, replaced by? Geno Stone 1-1, Ar'Darius Washington 3-3-1 PD?
- What happened to Kyle Hamilton 2-1??
- Ronald Darby 6-1 PD Brandon Stephens 8-4 started on the corners
- Patrick Queen 3-8-1 PD, Roquan Smith 8-8-1
- No game yet.
- Vonn Bell disappoints 2-1, Jeremy Chinn so-so 3-4. Don't give up on either
- Derrick Brown 8-1-1, don't over-react
- Jaycee Horn hamstring
- Jaquan Brisker banged up early, missed some time but returned
- T.J. Edwards 6-8, outperformed Tremaine Edmunds 6-1
- Played in constant heavy rain
- Germaine Pratt 7-4-1 FF, outproduced Logan Wilson (6-2)
- Chidobi Awuzie in the starting lineup.
- Nick Scott 4-7 could be worth an add. Dax Hill 5-1 int.
- Played in constant heavy rain
- Ogbo Okoronkwo starts fast, 2-1-1, Za'Darius Smith 0-2 PD. snaps
- Anthony Walker Jr. (0-1), Bengals offense stunk! No LB better than 2-1. Check snaps
- Grant Delpit 7-1 PD
- Cowboys took a page out of the Eagles playbook with seven sacks
- Demarcus Lawrence 1-0-1 but Dorance Armstrong 3-0-2
- Damone Clark was quiet 2-3 but Leighton Vander Esch was respectable 6-0 snap counts?
- Caden Sterns carted off with knee injury. Didn't look good
- No pass rush
- Josey Jewell 1-5, Alex Singleton 4-4
- Played a lot of linebackers. Alex Anzalone (5-1 PD) and Derrick Barnes (4-2) started but Jack Campbell (2-0 PD) had a role and both Malcolm Rodriguez and Jalen Reeves-Maybin got on the field and made a tackle. Snaps?
- Brian Branch wasted no time making an impact. He had just two tackles and an assist but a pick six in his first NFL game is a great way to start a career.
- Kerby Joseph was so-so on the stat sheet at 3-0, but he looked good. He's not going to put up great tackle totals on most weeks but this defense is going to make plenty of big plays, and Joseph will have his fair share of them.
Green Bay Packers
- Quay Walker checked for a concussion on a pick-six play. 1-3 int. score
- Jalen Pitre out with a chest injury (pec?) Eric Murray 3-1 in relief.
- Jonathan Greenard in the sack column 4-1-1 playshare? Will Anderson gets a sack in his debut 4-2-1
- Denzel Perryman 6-5 Christian Harris 4-2-1. Henry To'oTo'o shows up in the boc score 2-1, role?
Continue reading this content with a ELITE subscription.
An ELITE subscription is required to access content for IDP (individual defensive players) leagues. If this league is not a IDP (individual defensive players) league, you can edit your leagues here.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, NBC Sports EDGE