Unlock More Content Like This With a Footballguys Premium Subscription
"FBG is the best fantasy football advisory service anywhere."
Nigel Eccles, Co-Founder, FanDuel
With six weeks to go in many dynasty fantasy football league regular seasons, plenty of team directions are already declared - in the playoffs and fighting for positioning or out of the playoffs and shifting sights to 2024. This week will focus on the running back position and how different players fit different team directions:
STACK RUNNING BACKS
The term stack is to bolster contending team rosters. These backs can benefit from an injury in front of them in a clear fashion and be a fantasy starter in a given week down the stretch. They are generally ordered by the depth of the league with the top names available in more shallow leagues where venturing low on the list will be required for deeper formats. As trading is largely still open, these are perfect add-ons to bigger trades.
- Rico Dowdle: A premiere injury-away option in Dallas.
- Zack Moss: Could have legs for 2024 but centered more as an injury-away option down the stretch.
- Leonard Fournette: Signing with Buffalo is ideal if the perfect storm finds him later in the season.
- Ezekiel Elliott: May not find 2024 work as a primary backup, but a clarified role for the rest of the season.
- Trayveon Williams: Chase Brown to IR was a key moving piece for Williams to hold the RB2 role for the rest of 2023.
- Boston Scott: A wildcard piece in the Eagles backfield if D'Andre Swift misses time. Minimal odds of being relevant in 2024 unless back, again, with Philadelphia.
- Jeff Wilson Jr.: Any clarity in Miami points to strong fantasy output. De'Von Achane has already been injured and Raheem Mostert is enjoying one of his few healthy stretches of his career.
STASH RUNNING BACKS
These are preferred options for non-contending dynasty rosters. While some of them have avenues to turn into a producer this season, their talent, contract status, depth chart, etc., point to a situational change - or the possibility of change - in the offseason. Taking a few lottery tickets with good enough talent can turn into a player you keep through NFL Free Agency and the NFL Draft instead of easily cutting early in the offseason.
Continue reading this content with a ELITE subscription.
An ELITE subscription is required to access content for Dynasty leagues. If this league is not a Dynasty league, you can edit your leagues here.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, NBC Sports EDGE