Dominate Your League
A Footballguys Premium Subscription will give you the edge with lineup and waiver wire advice tailored to your league.
Save Time, Win More with Footballguys.Join Now
Sunday Morning Update
Check back in around 11:30 EST each Sunday Morning as inactives are announced to see if there is any change to the primary lineup.
Sunday Morning Update #1 10:03 EST
According to Ian Rapoport on Twitter this morning, "WR DeVante Parker is listed as questionable with shoulder and hamstring ailments, and he appears to have an uphill battle to play today, source said. A chance, but not a great one.". This should solidify Jaylen Waddle as a top play this week. It also increases Mike Gesicki's role in this offense. Gesicki is a top 3 option at tight end this week.
Sunday Morning Update #2 11:52 EST
Not much on the injury front, the only real news is that Rhamondre Stevenson is going to miss this week which was somewhat surprising. Sterling Shepard is also out.
Damien Harris becomes more intriguing, but sticking with the original lineup.
- QB Patrick Mahomes II, KC, $8,800
- RB Darrell Williams, KC, $6,700
- RB Miles Sanders, PHI, $5,900
- WR Davante Adams, GB, $9,000
- WR Chris Godwin, TB, $6,700
- WR Jaylen Waddle, MIA, $5,900
- TE Ricky Seals-Jones, WAS, $5,400
- Flex RB Darrell Henderson, LAR, $8000
- TD NY Giants, $3,600
SITUATIONS THAT STAND OUT TO THIS WEEK ON THE MAIN SLATE.
- LA Rams (vs Detroit) 32.75 points
- Arizona (vs Houston) 32.75 points
- Kansas City (at Tennessee) 31.75 points
- Tampa Bay (vs Chicago) 29.5 points
- Green Bay (vs Washington) 28.75 points
Week 6 Recap
Week 6 was a tough week for the primary lineup.
What went right:
- Khalil Herbert was a strong play with 97 yards and a touchdown this past week.
- Darrell Henderson continues to produce for the Rams as he scored a touchdown for the second-straight week.
What went wrong:
- Davante Adams struggled in what ended up being a weird game this past week against Chicago. The Packers only threw for 194 yards and while Adams had 89 of them, not scoring a touchdown at his price tag is difficult to overcome.
- Lamar Jackson is a tough one to say that we got wrong, but the result doesn’t lie. If you could tell me that the Ravens would score 34 points, we all would take Jackson every single time. However, Jackson ended up with just 13.8 points this past week in large part of the Ravens having three rushing touchdowns to Devonta Freeman, Latavius Murray, and Le'Veon Bell.
- Khalil Herbert had a touchdown called back on quite possibly the worst holding call that I’ve ever seen in professional football.
- Michael Pittman Jr Jr.- This one is tough because the signs were obvious. With the return of T.Y. Hilton, it should have caused the swap off of Pittman to another player. While T.Y. Hilton was the problem, game script was also a problem as Houston never showed up in this game scoring just 3 points which limited the passing upside for Indianapolis.
Understanding your lineup compared to your competition is absolutely critical. At 3:40PM EST I tweeted out the following which completely saved my week from a losing week to a winning week.
“If you're behind in a H2H or 50/50, I would suggest moving off of Kareem Hunt. Pivot up to DeAndre Hopkins (if you have $300) on FanDuel or down to CeeDee Lamb. DraftKings is a bit harder, but could go Courtland Sutton.”
On a slate where there were more things that went wrong than went right, you have to look at your contests. Are you blocked by your opponent when there is a highly rostered player such as Kareem Hunt? If you are, then there is zero reason to have the overlap in players. Even if it is not a 1 for 1 block meaning you both have 3 players left, but you feel strongly that your opponent has one player the same as you, it is worth switching off if you can find an adequate replacement with upside.
The reality of this game is that we are dealing with projections that are often within 1-2 points of each other and the range of outcomes in terms of actual performance is quite wide for all players. If you are blocked by your opponent, your winning percentage is 0%, and while switching off to another player may not save your week most weeks, even if it saves 1-2 weeks per year, it is well worth doing.
Continue reading this article with a Daily Fantasy Pro subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, ESPN