Unlock More Content Like This With a Footballguys Premium Subscription
"FBG is the best fantasy football advisory service anywhere."
Nigel Eccles, Co-Founder, FanDuel
Sunday Morning Update
10:30 AM EST
It's pretty quiet on the injury front this morning. A.J. Dillon might get some increased workload as it looks (not confirmed) like Aaron Jones may not play this week. Dillon has failed in two good matchups against Atlanta and Chicago, and with the Saints shutting down Derrick Henry and Miles Sanders already this season, I'm not sure that's a route that I want to go, even though he maybe somewhat popular.
No change to the primary cash lineup.
SAMPLE ROSTER 1 ($60K) – PRIMARY CASH Lineup- (FBG PROJECTED POINTS = 119.2)
- QB Kirk Cousins, MIN, $7,800
- RB Joshua Kelley, LAC, $6,100
- RB Jerome Ford, CLE, $5,600
- WR Justin Jefferson, MIN, $9,700
- WR Christian Kirk, JAC, $6,500
- WR Michael Thomas, NO, $5,800
- TE Travis Kelce, KC, $8,000
- Flex RB Raheem Mostert, MIA, $6,600
- TD New York Jets, $3,900
SITUATIONS THAT STAND OUT TO THIS WEEK ON THE MAIN SLATE.
- Kansas City (vs CHI) – 31.0 points
- Dallas (at ARI) – 28.0 points
- Jacksonville (vs HOU) – 27.0 points
- LA Chargers (at MIN) – 26.5 points
- Baltimore (vs IND) – 26.5 points
Week 2 Recap
Week 2 was a successful week to start the season 2-0 for the Primary Cash Lineup in 50/50 contests. It was a close one this week, as the cut line between the 35th and 55th percentile of lineups was just 3 points, but 108.98 held on for just enough to finish in about the 40th percentile of lineups depending on the 50/50.
Total points scored- 108.98
- QB Lamar Jackson, BAL, $7,600- 22.88
- RB Tony Pollard, DAL, $8,000- 16.4
- RB Jahmyr Gibbs, DET, $5,800- 9.1
- WR Stefon Diggs, BUF, $8,000- 10.1
- WR Davante Adams, LV, $7,500- 17.4
- WR Chris Godwin, TB, $6,300- 8.3
- TE Sam LaPorta, DET, $5,100- 8.8
- Flex RB Derrick Henry, TEN, $8,500- 17
- TD Houston Texans, $3,400- -1
What went right:
- Taking Stefon Diggs over Ja’Marr Chase was somehow a win this week. Chase was a surprisingly high rostered player at over 40% in most contests, and managed to score just 5.6 points.
- The running back position was solid, as Derrick Henry and Tony Pollard were rostered by just about 10%. Between the two players, they scored 33.4 points, which is by no means crushing it, but were a solid investment with the salary cap given some of the other landmines that were out there in Travis Kelce, Ja’Marr Chase, and even Stefon Diggs.
- Avoiding Joshua Kelley. This was one that seemingly did not make a lot of sense all week, as while the price was right, the matchup was so horrendous that it just did not pay off. This week, we will have a similar player in Jerome Ford that we will need to assess against this Tennessee Defense.
What went wrong:
- Not having Rachaad White even on the radar is somewhat concerning, and I need to look into the process to try to understand why. White was rostered at nearly 35% of rosters, and while the price was good at just $6,200, it was not as if he was priced so low that it was a must play. People must just be really down on the Bears, and it worked out for them.
Continue reading this content with a HALL OF FAME subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, NBC Sports EDGE