Take your shot at Playoff Glory!
Grab your teams in the Footballguys Playoff Challenge Round 2: Divisional Round. $35 Entry Fee with deep payouts and a $25,000 Grand Prize.
Sunday Morning Update
Update #1 7:57 AM EST
Here's what we know so far:
Kyler Murray- This situation seems like a true game time decision, although it seems more unlikely that he will play than not.
DeAndre Hopkins- Looks like he's going to be Likely OUT this week (more on that later)
George Kittle- Active but will be on a "pitch" count per Adam Schefter
Deebo Samuel- Active, but a lot of concern. Adam Schefter tweeted "Team also uncertain how long each player will be able to go, and is hoping there are no setbacks."
Elijah Mitchell- Active, but a lot of concern. Adam Schefter tweeted "Team also uncertain how long each player will be able to go, and is hoping there are no setbacks." Same tweet as Deebo.
Christian McCaffrey- Active, but there are some concerns from Dr. Jene Bramel on how many touches McCaffrey will receive. It seems like a wait and see week for McCaffrey this week. He's fine if you want to take a chance in a GPP that he gets the full amount of touches.
James Robinson- Out- Carlos Hyde will get the start if Robinson is unable to go. The problem with Hyde is that the matchup is a tough one against Buffalo, and the price is not low enough to want to force him in.
Tua Tagovailoa- Out- Tua will serve as the backup for the Dolphins this week as he was unable to go with a finger injury.
So what does this mean?
The biggest definitive news is the Tua news. With Tua being out, this greatly helps Myles Gaskin who had 10 receptions in the last game that Jacoby Brissett played. It should be a slight negative to Jaylen Waddle as Brissett has less upside than Tua. Don't expect the 300+ yard potential game that you could possibly see out of Tua.
Regarding the news on the Cardinals, this seems like a complete avoid this week. If you want to take a chance on Christian Kirk I think they're fine, but not great plays as the likely Colt McCoy situation just has low upside in general.
Lineup Change- The key lineup change here, is that the more I look at this, the more I want to play Tyreek Hill. It kills me not to play Josh Allen, and for anyone that wants to play him, I don't blame you. Here's what I'm going with. As always please use the information in this article to make the best decision for your lineup.
- QB Lamar Jackson, BAL, $8,300
- RB Nick Chubb, CLE, $7,600
- RB Myles Gaskin, MIA, $6,100
- WR Jarvis Landry, CLE, $5,900
- WR Stefon Diggs, BUF, $7,600
- WR Tyreek Hill, KC, $8,500
- TE Albert Okwuegbunam, DEN $4,500
- Flex RB Ezekiel Elliott, DAL, $8,200
- TD Kansas City, $3,300
SITUATIONS THAT STAND OUT TO THIS WEEK ON THE MAIN SLATE.
- Buffalo (at Jacksonville) 31.5 points
- Dallas (vs Denver) 29.75 points
- Baltimore (vs Minnesota) 28 points
- Kansas City (vs Green Bay) 27.5 points
- Miami (vs Houston) 26 points
Week 8 Recap
Week 8 was a good week for both the Saturday Primary Lineup and the Sunday Morning update, and good to get back on track after a tough Week 7.
What went right:
- Josh Allen was really worrisome in the first half as the Bills had just three points at halftime, but ended up having an offensive outbreak in the second half with 23 points scored. Allen played a key role in that with a rushing touchdown and two passing touchdowns including one to Stefon Diggs who was also in the lineup.
- Eli Mitchell as a punt play was critical in order to have success this week. Mitchell ended up with 137 yards and a touchdown at just $5,800 is going to be one of the better punt plays of the season.
- Taking Cooper Kupp out of the lineup and replacing him with Chris Godwin ended up paying off even though the extra money we saved to upgrade Chuba Hubbard to Dandre Swift didn’t work out. Godwin was excellent as he had 140 yards and a touchdown this week.
What went wrong:
- The swap to D’Andre Swift was just a terrible decision. Swift was a last minute upgrade due to Jamaal Williams being out and being one of the worst defenses against the run this season. This game was never close as the Eagles blew the Lions out very quickly in this one.
Continue reading this article with a Daily Fantasy Pro subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, ESPN