Join the Footballguys Daily Update
Start your morning with our roundup of the most important stories in football - with the fantasy insight you need to make league-winning decisions. Delivered straight to your inbox, 100% free.
NYJ @ CLE
- Breece Hall has hit his fantasy peak at the end of the season and should be drafted a lot higher next year.
- Joe Flacco was huge without Amari Cooper and should be taken seriously as a fantasy QB1 in the playoffs.
- Elijah Moore was productive in place of Cooper but left with a head injury.
- Jerome Ford scored twice, including one brilliant Flacco improv play. His value is trending up going into the playoffs.
- The Browns are locked into the #5 seed and will likely rest or only partially play their starters.
DET @ DAL
- The Cowboys won this game in controversial fashion, so both teams have something to play for. Dan Campbell has already said the Lions will play their starters in Week 18.
- CeeDee Lamb dominated this game and should be in contention for the top 3 of 2024 fantasy drafts.
TEN @ HOU
- The Texans are in the playoffs if they win in Week 18. Devin Singletary, C.J. Stroud, and Nico Collins are all strong plays.
- Noah Brown and Robert Woods got hurt, so Collins should get as many targets as he can handle.
- Brevin Jordan scored, and it's not clear that Dalton Schultz will get enough targets to be a TE1 in Week 18.
ATL @ CHI
- Bijan Robinson, Drake London, and Kyle Pitts were all disappointments in Week 17. The Falcons are still alive for the playoffs, but if they get eliminated, Arthur Smith could be fired, changing the future complexion of this offense.
- The Justin Fields to DJ Moore hookup was in top form. Moore will be a potential first-round pick next year as long as Fields is the Bears quarterback.
- D'Onta Foreman was inactive, and both Khalil Herbert and Roschon Johnson were good plays. Both are RB2 candidates for Week 18 with the Bears playing spoiler against the Packers.
- Cole Kmet was active but did not contribute in the box score. He's not a trustworthy Week 18 play.
MIA @ BAL
- De'Von Achane had a strong game with Raheem Mostert sitting. Even if Mostert is active in Week 18, Achane is probably the better play.
- The Ravens won and locked up the #1 seed. They are likely to rest starters, and no Ravens are reliable Week 18 plays.
NO @ TB
- The Saints won to keep their playoff hopes alive. Their key offensive pieces are reliable Week 18 plays.
- Alvin Kamara left with an ankle injury. If he can't play in Week 18, Jamaal Williams will be an RB2/Flex candidate.
- Juwan Johnson had a touchdown and a highlight reel long catch punctuated with a somersault. He's a TE1 candidate in Week 18.
- The Bucs will take the NFC South with a Week 18 win; all of their key offensive pieces are reliable plays.
NE @ BUF
- The Bills won, which means the matchup with Miami will be for the AFC East title. The Bills are not assured of the playoffs if they lose.
- Josh Allen was not an effective passer, and Stefon Diggs remained deep in his slump. Diggs isn't a sure Week 18 start even with the diminished pool of reliable options.
- Dawson Knox got hurt in this game, and Dalton Kincaid ended up being a solid play. If Knox is out for Week 18, Kincaid is a fantasy TE1.
Continue reading this content with a PRO subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, NBC Sports EDGE