Join the Footballguys Daily Update
Start your morning with our roundup of the most important stories in football - with the fantasy insight you need to make league-winning decisions. Delivered straight to your inbox, 100% free.
SUNDAY MORNING UPDATE:
Sunday Morning Update: 9:37AM EST
The Saints situation is one that I've been thinking about all night. With no Rashid Shaheed, Chris Olave should be in an outstanding spot this week. Since Michael Thomas has been out, Olave has 90 yards or more in each of his two games and is taking on a Lions team that have allowed 90 yards or more to three straight wide receivers (Keenan Allen, DJ Moore, Christian Watson)
This is quite a sizable change this morning. The change from Tua to Stroud was minimal as I had them within a point of each other. Warren is the one player who scares me due to the timeshare, but having players such as Breece Hall and Downs in the prior lineup was also something that worried me given their lack of touchdown probability.
- QB C.J. Stroud, HOU, $8,000
- RB Jaylen Warren, PIT, $6,500
- RB Zack Moss, IND, $5,600
- WR Tyreek Hill, MIA, $10,000
- WR Chris Olave, NO, $7,500
- WR Courtland Sutton, DEN, $6,900
- TE Brevin Jordan, HOU, $4,300
- Flex RB Rachaad White, TB, $7,500
- TD LA Rams, $3,700
SITUATIONS THAT STAND OUT TO THIS WEEK ON THE MAIN SLATE.
- Miami (at WAS) – 30.0 points
- Houston (vs Den) – 25.5 points
- Detroit (at NO) – 25.0 points
Week 12 Recap
Week 12 was both the best and the most fun week of the season. After the Eagles struggled through much of the first half last week, it appeared that it was going to be a close finish to barely get over the cash line. And then once Justin Watson caught his touchdown pass for the Chiefs, the rest of the offense just exploded as the Eagles posted a memorable comeback, pushing the lineup into the top 2% of all cash lineups.
The only thing that potentially was lucky was the Justin Watson call. After an 11-target performance in Week 11, he had just three total targets in Week 12 and caught just one pass which ended up going for a touchdown.
Total points scored- 156.80
- QB Jalen Hurts, PHI, $8,800 - 35.5
- RB D’Andre Swift, PHI, $7,200 - 8.9
- RB Isiah Pacheco, KC, $6,600 - 23.4
- WR Michael Pittman, IND, $7,600 - 15.7
- WR Nico Collins, HOU, $6,800 - 19.9
- WR Justin Watson, KC, $5,100 - 6.8
- TE Trey McBride, ARI, $6,100 - 9.5
- Flex RB Jonathan Taylor, IND, $7,500 - 21.1
- TD Denver, $4,100 - 16.0
Week 13 Similar Builds This Week:
This is another weird week this week. With the Jonathan Taylor injury not being reflected in the pricing, Zack Moss essentially becomes a free square which opens up the entire board when it comes to pricing. While this is typically a great thing, what it ultimately does is it creates very similar build strategies as now everyone has the salary to go up to either Tyreek Hill or Christian McCaffrey (I suspect some will go with both, although that is a difficult roster build).
So what does this mean? The choice between Hill and McCaffrey is a critical one, and typically in a vacuum, we will always go with the elite running back on a 0.5 PPR format. However, this decision is not made in a vacuum and we have to look at the opportunity cost of what the rest of the roster construction looks like with Hill and McCaffrey. Because there is far more value at the running back position this week both in the 6-7k, but also 7-8k, Tyreek Hill is likely the better option of the two given that the mid-tier of wide receivers comes with a bunch of guys who have upside but tremendous risk as their volume is extremely inconsistent.
Injuries Create Opportunity:
- Jonathan Taylor is out this week with a thumb injury. This is going to push Zack Moss to be a must-start this week.
- The Patriots wide receiver room is going to be limited this week as Demario Douglas has been ruled out with a concussion, while Kayshon Boutte will miss with a shoulder injury. This will leave DeVante Parker and JuJu Smith-Schuster as the only Patriots receivers who have over 50 yards receiving this week. It likely means that we will see a heavy dosage of the rushing attack from Rhamondre Stevenson and maybe the tight ends in Hunter Henry.
- Chris Olave is interesting this week as he seems to be the lone guy left in New Orleans. With Michael Thomas still on IR, and Rashid Shaheed out with a thigh injury, look for Olave to have significant upside this week.
- Joe Flacco will start for the Browns this week as Dorian Thompson-Robinson is still dealing with a concussion. This is interesting more in tournaments as Flacco threw for 285 yards or more in four of his last five starts and may be the best passer that the Browns have had start for them this season.
Cash Game Rankings
Continue reading this content with a HALL OF FAME subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, NBC Sports EDGE