Photo: Steven Bisig, USA Today Sports
HOU @ TEN
- It’s Derrick Henry’s world, we’re just living in it. He’s the most valuable player in fantasy football right now.
- Jonnu Smith went down with an ankle injury that will probably cost him one game at most. Anthony Firkser went off in his stead and should be a fine streamer if Smith can’t go vs. Pittsburgh.
- Deshaun Watson showed it wasn’t just the Jaguars defense that rekindled his fire. He’s making use of all of his downfield targets and back in elite fantasy QB1 standing.
- Ryan Tannehill was outstanding, using all of his targets (even Nick Westbrook-Ikhine caught a two-point conversion) and playing nearly flawless football in the win. He has been an elite fantasy quarterback again the last two weeks but has a tough test against Pittsburgh this week.
- Brandin Cooks had a quiet second half and then Watson peppered him with short targets in the second half and he hoovered them up. With two good weeks in a row, we will leave him in lineups for Week 7 at Green Bay.
- A.J. Brown caught two scores including an acrobatic game-tying touchdown at the end of regulation. He’s healthy and back to the strong WR2 status he was drafted at this summer.
- Darren Fells had a huge game that put fantasy teams and DFS lineups over the top. Whether it’s him or Jordan Akins, who has been out for two weeks with a concussion and ankle injury, the Texans tight end group has four scores already this year plus at least 57 receiving yards in all but one game this year.
- Jeremy McNichols looked good spelling Henry and he’s the clear backup. That’s rosterable value in typical leagues.
Already a subscriber? Login
Continue reading this article with a Season Long Pro subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, ESPN