Take your shot at Playoff Glory!
Grab your teams in the Footballguys Playoff Challenge Round 2: Divisional Round. $35 Entry Fee with deep payouts and a $25,000 Grand Prize.
Most leagues begin their playoffs in Week 15, however, some will begin as early as Week 14. We have reached the point in the season where you have at least one more week, and maybe two, to jockey for positioning in your league's playoff bracket. Fantasy Football post-Thanksgiving is when you want to have your roster primed for postseason play. Next week, I'll share my thoughts on how to win in the playoffs. What strategies can you use? What matchups should you target? What resources can help you put your team over the top, plus much more. This week, let's dig into some helpful, revealing, interesting stats and tidbits that you can file away as nuggets of information for future weeks or a strategy that may be to your advantage next season. Plus for those who play player props, I have some interesting stats broken down by half.
Did You Know?
- 40% of quarterbacks in the top 12 in rushing yards are also in the top 12 in fantasy points.
- Mac Jones and Joe Burrow are the only quarterbacks in the top 12 in passing yards who aren't in the top 12 in fantasy points.
- Tom Brady has nine career seasons with 30 touchdown passes or more. Eight of them came after his 10th year in the league.
- Jaylen Waddle has the most receptions in the first half with 47.
- Keenan Allen leads the league with five straight games with 10+ targets.
- Derek Carr is 1st in the NFL in passing yards with 3,414. He is 12th in fantasy points.
- Cordarrelle Patterson is the only running back in the top 30 who is 30-plus years old.
- The most receptions without a touchdown this season is Laviska Shenault Jr with 45, followed by Amon-Ra St.Brown (39), Cole Kmet (37), Dan Arnold (35), and Kadarius Toney (35).
- Derrick Henry's 219 carries still leads the NFL in rush attempts despite him not playing snap since Week 8.
- If Travis Kelce were a wide receiver he'd be the WR10 in PPR scoring.
- Cordarrelle Patterson is the 9th ranked running back and 9th ranked wide receiver.
- In 26 career starts, Justin Herbert has reached 300 yards passing or 3 touchdowns in 20 of those games. Two of those six games where he failed to reach 300 yards or 3 touchdowns came against New England.
- Jonathan Taylor scored zero touchdowns in the first three games this year. He has scored 16 in the last nine games.
- Deebo Samuel has 25 carries for 203 yards and 5 rushing touchdowns. If he were scored as a running back, he'd be the RB3 including his receiving stats.
- Patriots kicker Nick Folk has seven more field goals (31) than the next closest kicker (24). He has more PPR fantasy points (122) than Kyle Pitts (117)
- Hunter Henry, Dawson Knox, and Pat Freiermuth have more touchdowns (20) than Travis Kelce, Mark Andrews, Darren Waller, T.J. Hockenson, Mike Gesicki, and Dallas Goedert combined (19).
- Kirk Cousins has 84 touchdown passes and 22 interceptions in the last three years. His record during that time is a mere 22-20.
Continue reading this article with a Season Long Pro subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, ESPN