Dominate Your League
A Footballguys Premium Subscription will give you the edge with lineup and waiver wire advice tailored to your league.
Save Time, Win More with Footballguys.Join Now
- The Seattle run defense was stout at first and briefly sidelined Darrell Henderson. Sony Michel was workmanlike but not special in Henderson’s stead. Henderson returned to the game and scored. When you add in Michel’s second score, the Seahawks remain a good matchup to exploit against the run. Michel still has value as Henderson can’t seem to avoid the injury bug.
- Sean McVay said he wanted to get more opportunities for Robert Woods and he wasn’t lying. After Woods posted a huge 12-150 line, we won’t get many more questions about whether to start him.
- Tyler Higbee scored, but also got a little banged up. He’s adequate at tight end, but this pass offense runs through the top two receivers. Even if Kupp or Woods go down, Van Jefferson would probably be the bigger winner for fantasy.
- Russell Wilson went down with a broken finger that will sideline him for a month or more. Geno Smith was better than expected, but he seemed better suited to support DK Metcalf’s value than Tyler Lockett’s.
- Alex Collins got the start with Chris Carson’s neck acting up. He wasn’t that impressive as a runner but got more passing game production and involvement than anticipated. He’s a hold with Carson’s neck issue looming.
- The Jets offense looked better vs. the weak Titans defense in Week 4, but had trouble with the weak Falcons defense in Week 5. We can’t really trust any option in this offense after both Jamison Crowder and Corey Davis came up small in a great matchup.
- Michael Carter II scored and led the Jets backfield in touches for the second straight week. He’s useful enough depth to carry through his bye in typical leagues.
- Kyle Pitts finally broke out but it’s unclear if it’s sustainable when the Falcons aren’t facing the Jets with Calvin Ridley out due to personal reasons, but now there’s at least something to fear if you don’t start Pitts.
- Cordarrelle Patterson is a foundational part of the Falcons offense and every week start going forward. Another productive high volume day should end any doubts about the nature of his breakout.
Continue reading this article with a Season Long Pro subscription.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, ESPN